Student Update

FARMINGTON, NM 87402-4699
(505) 566-3545
(505) 566-3500
Current Name
Current Mailing Address

Emergency Contact (Not Yourself)
Status Update

NOTE: If you are changing your status from Non-Degree Seeking to Degree Seeking, you must be in Good Standing at San Juan College, and have a cumulative grade point average of all higher education work of 2.0 or above.


I wish to be:


NOTE: If you are changing from non-degree seeking to degree-seeking, you agree to provide official transcripts (high school/GED and college). If you have completed at least 15 college-level credits with a cumulative 2.0 or higher GPA, you do not have to provide a high school/GED transcript.

Please list any colleges or universities attended. If you have left San Juan College and are now returning, please list any other institutions you may have attended during that time period. NOTE: You do not need to list San Juan College as an institution you have attended.

I certify that I am eligible to attend or return to the institution of higher education which I last attended and that this change of status will require that I accept the degree or certificate requirements as outlined in the catalog in effect at the time of the change from non-degree to degree seeking status.

Residency Information

If you are claiming New Mexico residency for tuition purposes, you MUST NOT have a driver's license, vehicle registration or voter registration in another state. If you ever attended San Juan College under non-residency status, YOU must petition for in-state residency with the Enrollment Services office.

You MUST answer the following questions: (If you want to change your residency status see the SPECIAL RESIDENCY STATUS conditions below, request the correct form and provide the proper documentation.

Special Residency Status
  • If you have resided in New Mexico for 12-months and wish to change your residency status please fill out the Petition for In-State Tuition Classification form. Ask the Enrollment Services office for the Petition for In-State Tuition Classification form.
  • Native American students who are members of the Navajo Nation tribe may apply for a waiver of non-resident tuition and, if approved, be admitted under resident tuition status. To be eligible, submit a in a copy of your Certificate of Indian Blood to the Enrollment Services office.
  • Colorado Residents residing in one of the following counties: Montezuma, La Plata, Archuleta, Dolores, or San Juan County, may apply for the Colorado-New Mexico tuition exchange program. The student must be eligible for resident tuition in Colorado to be eligible for this program. Ask the Enrollment Services office for the Colorado-New Mexico Tuition Exchange Program form.
  • The student, spouse or dependents, of a person who have moved to New Mexico and can provide documentation of permanent full-time employment, may be eligible for a waiver of the 12-month durational requirement. Ask the Enrollment Services office for the Request for New Mexico Residency Based on Full-Time Employment form.
  • Any person, his or her spouse or dependent child, not otherwise entitled to claim residence who is a member of the armed forces of the United States or armed forces of a foreign country assigned to active duty in the state of New Mexico will be assessed resident tuition rates.
  • Active Duty New Mexico National Guard members shall be deemed a resident for purposes of determining tuition.

By typing my full name I certify to the best of my ability and knowledge that the information given on this form is correct.